Thursday, February 5, 2009

Rain, The Kodiak Expeience

Rain
My first Saturday in Kodiak


So there I was.
My first Saturday in Kodiak watching one of the two main roads in town get dug up so they could install a new water main.

It was raining hard! If you enlarge the picture you can see the stream running down the ruts, caused by studded tires, in the road. There is even a diversion to keep the water from running down into the trench.

I propped the camera up on the hood of the work truck, hit the timer, and took this picture to capture the enthusiasm I was having for the day.

My rain pants didn't make it in my bag before I left. Soaked to the bone I went and picked up some Guy Cotton bibs for the next rainy day.

Also I'm not really that big around. There are two flannel shirts and a fleece under my rain coat.

4 comments:

Aimee said...

you look so miserable!!!

Mike Stavlund said...

Wow, they let you work on Saturday? That's awesome!

Brian D. said...

Yeah!
It was so awesome they let me work on Sunday too! Except on Sunday, with the permission of the client, I left without saying anything and went fishing. On Monday the contractor said I shouldn't leave like that because they thought I was coming back. Muwahahaha!!!

squirrel said...

Looks a bit Juneauish... HAHAHA!!