Monday, June 23, 2008

Alive and Well

Haine's Highway., not too far from town.


Well, I made it back alive and pretty much well. I'm pretty tired so please excuse the lag time it will take to post the pictures to my SmugMug.

That picture above though is on the Haines Hwy. When i was working with my friend Josh in Juneau we were went to Haines for several (6-8) weeks so we could make a topographical map of the highway.

This waterfall was in that stretch. Josh being the crew chief made me climb up there, into the waterfall, so he could get some grade breaks he wanted. Anyway, it also makes a nice picture.

Here is a quick break down of the trip.

-Had a great time, met lots of cool people and made a few new friends.
-The Mounties did not arrest me.
-I saw 3 grizzly bears, two moose, lots of squirrels, one mouse, and something I couldn't identify but might have been a porcupine.
-I crossed US/Canada Border 4 times at 4 different locations

Pictures and stories will be posted soon.
Stand by.

No comments: