Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Dust to Dawson




Sorry I haven't been posting much lately. Things have been REALLY busy at work, and I'm trying to get everything together for the Dust to Dawson ride. I plan to leave Wed. afternoon and head to Tok, where I'll meet up with a couple other people. Thursday head to Dawson City Yukon with shenanigans when we get there. Then shenanigans and poker run all day Friday into Saturday morning. Saturday I'll be leaving for Skagway, AK. Sunday will start off with a ride on the Alaska Marine Highway Ferry to Haines, AK then back to Tok to spend the night once again. And Monday will be the home stretch back to Anchorage.

Over 1700 miles of two wheeled adventure packed in to five days!

I'll make sure to take lots of pictures and I'm sure I'll have some good stories when I get back.

Here is a link to my route on Google Maps
Dust to Dawson '08

And there is MORE great news.

I received my letter from the Alaska Dept. of Commerce informing me that I passed the Fundamentals of Engineering exam!

This 8hr exam covered pretty much everything I was supposed to learn in college. This was not the first time I have taken it, but I'm glad to say I don't need to take it again. I have earned the right to take an even harder test in about three years to become a Professional Engineer.

I'm not going to worry about that for a while though.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

BRIAN!! CONGRATULATION!! WHAT GREAT NEWS TO START YOUR TRIP OUT WITH. HOPE YOU HAVE A BLAST AND LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR PICTURES.

Unknown said...

Congrats on passing the FE! I haven't even taken it once yet :( Ride safe and take lots of pictures!

Jen said...

Congrats!!!

Have a safe trip, it looks like it will be fun :-)

JimR said...

WOO HOO Brian! Awesome trip and even awesomer test results!!