Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Looking out my office window
Longing for the open road


While I had a mostly good 6.5 weeks in Kodiak its very nice to be back home. Too bad the weather this summer wasn't as clear as it was today. I can't remember how many times the mountains actually came out to be looked at.

Don't let the lack of snow and clear skies fool you, its pretty crisp out there. I never did check the temperature today but you definitely didn't want to go outside without a coat.

I've decided its too cold to ride anymore. I fell bad asking the KLR to start in the cold like this and it takes forever for it to warm up. Besides, it doesn't get above freezing and ice is a problem when you rely on friction to keep yourself upright.

Its good that winter is here. We cram a lot into the summers because we know how short they are and its time to rest up. We've only got 7 months until it starts all over again.

2 comments:

Shawn said...

Thats quite a view! My office view is a field of cubicles!

Jen said...

GREAT view! I'm jealous :-p