Monday, September 7, 2009

Some Glacier in Canada



If you click on the above picture to look at the larger image you'll see a little two track on the left side of this glacier in Banff Nat'l Park. They have buses with HUGE tires on them that take tourists for a ride up and down the glacier. In Alaska we do this with airplanes but I suppose the end result is the same.


Here is one of the buses with the GS next to it for scale.


Thats about all I've got in me tonight. This weekend I rode up to Talkeetna to spend some time with friends that I haven't seen in a while. We had a good time, looked for moose, had good food, and caught up with great stories from the summer.

Before I headed home today I rode down Petersville Road for a good while. The GS did a pretty good job but the KLR is really a better tool for that job towards the end before I turned around. Next time the KLR and I will see what there is to see at the end and report back. This week I'll post some pictures from the weekend.

No comments: