Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Lutefisk Outlaws

The wall in the Pioneer Bar, Haines, AK


This is the wall behind the bar at the Pioneer Bar in Haines. Shown are probably just 1/10 of the bumper stickers tacked up. When I was working in Haines we would always eat Breakfast at the Bamboo room, a dinning room in the same building. Back in the day the two were separated by a bamboo curtain, hence the name.

After getting off the ferry from Skagway and putting around in the state park for a while I stopped in to get some breakfast. They were pretty busy and I ended up giving my table to a group that had people too young to eat in the bar, which was serving as overflow that day.

I had some flapjacks, sausage, and hash browns. All pretty good, but I haven't had flapjacks in a long time. I think I'm going to have to figure out how to make them for myself.

My favorite statement on the wall there is "When Lutefisk is Outlawed, only Outlaws will have Lutefisk!"

Followed second by "Move Willow to the Capital"
I think you have to live here to get that one.

No comments: