Sunday, January 27, 2008

Lilly Pads


Lilly pads along the Glenn Highway

This picture was taken on the Denali Hwy trip, along the Glenn Highway near Glennallen. This was my first over night trip on the KLR and I was soaking in all the scenery. I actually rode past this lake/pond and turned around to get a closer look.


Lilly pads for just about as far as you could see with the blue sky and the mountains in the background. Although you can't see it in the picture there was a slight breeze and the surface of the water was sparkling like diamonds.

While I was sitting there something was breaking the surface of the water. Could have been a fish, or otter, but something made me think it was a turtle. Just to the right there was a small cabin with a canoe at the ready.

I would ride past this same spot several times as the summer went by, but it never did look the same.

No comments: