Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Beginning

Detroit to St. Ignace



Today I made it from Detroit, MI to my home town St. Ignace, MI where we had a little family reunion. My sister and her husband moved back today after Candace graduated with her masters in Social Work this weekend.

I'm very happy with the GS. The previous owner did a great job with it and even installed a new rear tire for my trip. I can cruise @ 80mph with ease and little pain in my rear.

Micheal, my brother-in-law and I went for a little ride around St. Ignace just to see what there was to see. We had a good ride, looked at the bridge, and went down a few of the twistier roads in the area.

Tomorrow I'm leaving early, going to stop by some friends house for breakfast, and head West.

3 comments:

Aimee said...

Woo hoo! Great pics! Have fun!

Unknown said...

Dude... that's totally awesome. I'm jealous of your adventure. And it looks like you've got some sweet weather for riding. Hope you have a great day on the road. Ride hard, ride safe.

Mike Stavlund said...

Hey-Hey!! This is going to be so much fun!

(Congrats to Candace, too.)

Ride safe, and make sure you buzz the tower at Warren Jefsen's old place and at the Garcia's-- I'm sure they're jealous of your adventure, too.

Thanks for the update, and the photos. Have fun, and be safe, Brian.