Saturday, May 2, 2009

Fork Seal

Fork Seals
Who knew?




Thursday AKSpies and I ran down to Girdwood to see who was hanging around. On the way back I noticed that the left fork seal was leaking a little.

Friday I went to The Motorcycle Shop and picked up the seals. Figureing I would mess up at least one I got two of each, just in case.

Today, while the weather is good, I changed the seal out and got er back together for the next adventure. It was a pretty easy job, Someone could probably do it in an hour if they were so inclined. I just kinda farted around getting it done.

It was one of those days where there's no reason to hurry.

3 comments:

Mike Stavlund said...

nice job, but I think those seals would look a lot better on a BMW R1150GS. Any idea where a fella could find one?

Brian D. said...

I heard there is one near Detroit. I'm going down there on the 15th to see if I can find it.

Mike Stavlund said...

that is going to be one epic trip back up to AK. You'd better blog it for posterity (and for all of your fans).