Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Packing

Straight from my apartment in the Valley of da Moon!


I went for a nice ride down the Seward Highway after work today. Unfortunately I didn't bring my camera, which is a bummer, because there were Mountain Goats almost on top of the road about twenty miles out of town. I would say that they were actually farther away Vertically then they were Horizontally. Alaska is a neat place, I promise not to make that mistake again.

So you may be wondering, "what is all that stuff in front of the fireplace?" People that know me are thinking, "That can't be Brian's apartment, it looks clean!" It is actually pretty clean minus some cloths and riding gear on the floor. But anyway

That stuff is what I'm going to pack on the KLR this summer. I don't have everything packed, this is just the first step of me getting organized for my first overnighter. From left to right: Saddlebags, sleeping bag, stove, cookware, fuel, tent, sleeping pad, tripod, random dry bag, with my tank bag sitting on the hearth, and my gold pan on the saddlebags.

It looks like a lot of stuff but it will fit nicely when the time comes. Since I've got both days off for the weekends this summer I'm going to be doing a lot of packing.

No comments: