Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Trailer Trailer

Top of the World Highway maybe 30 miles outside of Dawson City


It was getting pretty late but the ride had been awesome. I think it was around 10:30 so it would have been around 12hrs on the road. I didn't really cover that many miles but I stopped to take lots of pictures, had that adventure with the Caribou, and just soaked the scenery in as I went.

There are a lot of pull outs along the road where your not supposed to camp, though I did see RV's occupying several of them. Guess that proves its not real camping :D (just kidding).

Anyway, I was getting tired and hungry when I saw this trailer on a trailer. Laughing out loud to myself in my helmet I had to stop and take a picture. "Who puts a trailer on a trailer, thats seems kind of silly" was what ran through my mind. Then I started to think about all the reasons someone would do that.

When they are delivering trailers from the factory would be a good time to put many of them on a trailer. Or if there was something wrong with one of the trailer wheels, like a bad bearing or something. Of course you would think that if you could find another trailer to put the first trailer on you would tow it somewhere to fix it.

Other than that I can't really think of a good reason for this situation.
If its still there this year I'll be sure to stop and take another picture.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

From the looks of wheels of the white trailer, there might be some issues with road worthiness. Not that the bottom trailer looks a whole lot better:), but it has 4 tires if he get a flat as opposed to the white one that only has two. But then again, you're in Alaska:):)

Brian D. said...

I agree. Both rigs look suspect. I bet that the little one is someones hunting camp trailer.

On a side note I was talking to someone yesterday who told me about all the side roads that branch off the hwy in that area. I'm going to have to check those out this year.