Thursday, May 1, 2008

Perfect Day, Perfect Ride

Palmer Creek Road mid August


This was the day many of us on different types of motorcycles got together for a ride to Hope. The more street bikes had turned around but we still had most of the Dual Sport guys.

There were a couple switch backs and after another corner or two the valley opened up just wide enough to make you feel small. I knew Dave wasn't that far behind me so I sped up until I saw a nice background and waited for him. Since he's a nice guy he was slowing down to see if I needed anything but after I waved him by I snapped this picture.

The road a head was a little more bumpy with lots of holes holding lots of water. It wasn't the worst I'd seen and you could pick your way around most of the bad stuff. Someone told Dave to go right through the middle. I'm not sure if they were joking or not, but he found a couple that were about 2 feet deep. I think he had wet shoes for the ride back.

No comments: