Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Train

AK Railroad Tracks






My Landlords cabin is on a bluff above the RR tracks, which are down by the river. We were getting the water pump accessories situated, and when he had to go get some tools I took a stroll down the tracks.

I got a ways down, looked at the river and started back when I heard a rumble from around the corner. Sure enough the train was coming, so I hopped off the tracks and got as far away as I could. The swamp was right there so I could only go so far.

There were a lot of tanker cars. I"m assuming for heating fuel or diesel. It took a lot longer to go by than I figure it would. When it finally passed the tracks rang with a high pitched tone. There were no vibrations of the track that I could feel but thats the only thing I could think of that would make that noise.

This is part of the line that has the Flag Stop service. Maybe one of these days I'll take advantage of that.

No comments: