Saturday, May 31, 2008

Milestones

Along the Seward Highway on my way to Whittier


Almost a year ago I took this picture of the odometer on my KLR. It reads 500 miles, which is the end of the break in period for the motor.

I saw the millage getting close and pulled over near a boat launch along the highway. Right after I snapped this pick someone politely, but annoyed, asked me to move so they could back they're trailer down to get their boat. But in my defense it didn't look like a boat launch to me.

This more or less is a good marker for the beginning of me riding. I could now spin the KLR up past 4ooo rpm which meant I could go faster than 60 mph. :D which meant that cars wouldn't be as upset with me on the highway!

Since this day I've put a lot of good miles on the KLR, most of them over 4000 rpm. Thank goodness the break in period is only 500 miles.

No comments: