Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Wide Pass

Wide Pass on the Parks Hwy on my way to Fairbanks
(At least thats what I think its called :D)


Friday evening, after work, I loaded up and headed off to Fairbanks for the weekend. This is about halfway there. It looks dark but really it isn't, it was just the way the camera took the picture.

This is one of my favorite spots along the Parks Hwy. When your headed South you come around a corner and things just open up for you. A broad valley with short sparse trees and grasses, the train tracks passing through, and mountains on each side. Its really hard to capture the beauty that is there.

That spot is close to Cantwell, the coldest spot on the ride. (If you don't count the temperature inversion I hit going down the hill into Fairbanks)

In fact I picked up a Sheepskin Buttpad for the KLR at Alaska Leather on Thursday. Barb said I was going to need it so I didn't freeze my butt off in Cantwell. It worked! My butt is the same place it was when I left and there is no apparent frost bite.

No comments: