Monday, May 19, 2008

1 Year Anniversary

The Mount Denali Lookout in Talkeenta


Saturday was my Official 1 Year Anniversary for living in Alaska. This means many things, but most importantly I can get my resident fishing licenses. And let me tell you, its a lot cheaper to get them if your a resident!

The weekend had a great start with Friar's Annual BBQ at the Abbey (His shop). After some brats, beans, and BS I headed towards Talkeetna. As I rounded the corner going in to Houston Mt. Denali reviled itself. There was a little haze but you could definitely see it.

This picture was at the lookout right outside of Talkeetna. A guy who is repairing a bridge on the Parks Hwy took the picture for me. He was my first disappointed person this summer.

After he snapped the picture he made his way to the rear of the bike to look at the license plate asking where I was from. When I told him I was from Anchorage a look of disappointment came over him. This is a scene that will play itself out over and over this season, same as it did last year.

Oh well, just because I live in Anchorage doesn't mean any of my trips are less Epic.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't beleave you have been up there a year already. Man time flys. Looks like a good day for a ride!