Saturday, February 2, 2008

Hope

The KLR previously precariously perched



This was actually a group ride. Some people on ADVrider.com in the Great White North forum (which includes Alaska and Canada) decided to get together and ride to Hope for a bite to eat on a Sunday morning. Those of us with dual sports headed out a near by gravel road and I found myself here.

Not too far up the trail, bowling ball size rocks were the typical surface. While there were three in our group that decided to proceed, I decided to head back with some of the others and return to ride another day. I did see the pictures from the top, and they were amazing.

About 2.78 minutes after this picture my bike fell over. If you look close you can see that its pretty much verticle, which isn't the best way to get the side stand to work. Maybe a stiff breeze came by or a marmot sneezed somewhere. Either way it went down and broke a rear blinker.

I picked up as many pieces as I could and decided that low profile blinkers are in my future.

What a nice day.
The sun was out, it wasn't too hot but it was warm. Blue sky, fluffy clouds, and green mountains.
It doesn't get much nicer than that.

No comments: