Wednesday, February 6, 2008


I'm not sure where this was taken. Somewhere on the Taylor Hwy between Chicken and the Alaska/Yukon border on my way to Dawson City.

There isn't really much of a story to go with this one except that I was there and thought it was a good idea to stop for a picture. This is what the road looked like most of the way after Tok on that trip. Now that I think about it I'm more surprised that there weren't more motor homes. This was the first weekend in August, which is still tourist season (I think).

I was debating what to do with the coveted four day weekend and debated if I should go to Deadhorse, Valdez, or even the Denali Hwy again. One day when I was talking to someone I mentioned that I could go to Dawson or I could wait until Dust 2 Dawson next year. He said, "You might as well go now because you never know whats going to happen before next year.".

I'm glad went. That was some good advice.

No comments: