Saturday, February 9, 2008

Lugs Prohibited

Chicken Creek in Chicken Alaska

On my way to Dawson I saw the sign that says "Vehicles with Lugs Prohibited" and kind of chuckled my way down the road. The tires on the KLR are TKC-80's which are a rather aggressive tire to be used on a road bike. While they aren't the biggest lugs you can get on a DOT approved knobbie tire the sign still gave me a laugh and I knew I had to take this picture on the way back.

So there I was. The bike parked half way in the road, people driving by getting in the frame, and me laying down in the dirt trying to get the perfect angle. Then to top it all off when I got home this photo was nowhere to be found. I have had the same problem with this camera before and was pretty disappointed. Luckily a month or so later I found several lost pictures, including this one.

No comments: