Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter

Yesterday (2-22-08) a bunch of the local KLR owners got together for a Tech Day. Tech Days are nice because many of us are able to address maintenance issues that we might not want to tackle by ourselves. However when you get a few people together, and usually at least one person who really knows what going on (Thanks Beezer) you can do anything.

And of course, after you do maintenance and modifications, you have to go test them out. Plus its Easter, and if you can't celebrate this wonderful time with family you might as well go for a motorcycle ride and take in the beauty provided for us to enjoy.

Since it was kind of cold, 32 degrees F, I decided to run down on Girdwood which is only about 35 miles. The roads were dry and it wasn't that windy. I road a little way into town from the Highway but the road was a little wet. Worrying that there might be ice hiding below the moisture I was careful and took my time.


I would have had a bite to eat at the Double Musky. My friend Josh has told me that its a great place but it never seems to be open when I'm in town. The sign said they'd be open at 4:30 but I couldn't wait around that long. No matter how good the cheese cake is.


Its probabaly good I didn't get to sit down and eat because by the time I made it back to the Gas Station on the Hwy it had started to snow. By no stretch of the imagination was it a blizzard but I figured it would be worth my while to get on the road and see if I could get ahead of the weather.


As you can see I was faster than the snow. This is looking west up the Turnagin arm towards the snow.
This is the same spot looking East. As the road followed the water you could see the sun shining on the Chugach Mountains. If you look at a larger version you may be able to see them to the left of the tree.

Even though it took me a while to warm up after I got home it was really nice to get out and put some miles on the beast. There are still a few things that need to get done so we're both ready for this season but this was a good start.

No comments: