Sunday, March 30, 2008

Paxson Gas Station

This is the Gas Station in Paxson. Its a long way to the restaurant where you pay for your gas, and if you don't know how to use the pump it might take a few walks between the two before you get to pay.

Paxson is on the East end of the Denali Hwy and I wanted to get fuel so i could take any detours I might have found and still make it to the other end with out having to push.


The lady that took my money wasn't in the greatest of moods, maybe it was because I couldn't figure out how to pump the gas. But I met three guys who were riding through from the lower 48. They were wearing mosquito nets over their heads because of the bugs but I didn't think they were actually that bad. Their plan was to either ride the Denali Hwy or go up to Fairbanks depending on the weather.

I rode on to Tangle Lakes and got a room at the lodge because by the time I got there it was raining pretty good. In the morning I took my time getting ready just in case they rode by, but i didn't see them along the way so they must have gone to Fairbanks. Oh well, their loss. It might have been foggy, but it was still beautiful.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

mosquito nets! Wimps!