Saturday, March 22, 2008

The second weekend I had the KLR I rolled out of bed, which was actually an air mattress at the time, and thought to myself "Self, where should I go today?". I checked the weather in Whittier and decided I'd better go because a nice day in that town only happens three times a year.


As I was leaving town on my way to the portal of the tunnel I noticed this cub at the airstrip. As they were loading up their gear it looked like they had just finished a good day fishing.

Waiting in line at the tunnel I heard the plane take off and make its way through what I assume is the pass out of the fjord. A small plane like that might be most fun way to travel around this state, but the motorcycle is a really close second.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hmm, so that's what it looks like near Whittier when it isn't snowing...

Definitely looking forward to visiting next summer!

BTW, my dad reads your blog too, haha.