Thursday, March 20, 2008

I was sitting at home last saturday thinking how much I wanted to go for a ride. So I put some cloths on and headed out the door to get the insurance back on the KLR. Lucky for me I got there right before they were going to close and the deal was done.


Where do you go for Mid March ride in Alaska? I went and paid my electric bill.


As I was writing the check I saw this statue on the side of the building. It actually startled me at first because I thought there was a guy climbing the ladder. Its a pretty neat statue. I wonder if there are more around town as some sort of series.


I also took a trip around the very frozen Lake Hood. There are three turns along that road that are pretty fun at 25mph. There is a Cessna 185 in the background there and if you look close you can see some planes on skis sitting on the lake.

It was nice to get in the saddle again. I actually felt like part of the moving experience, leaning into the corners, and smelling the diesel fumes from the pickups at stoplights.

I can't wait until the overnight low is above freezing so I can ride to work again. Hopefully it won't be too long from now.

No comments: